Department of Safety, Health and Environmental Engineering, Ming Chi University of Technology.
Phone：+886229089899 ext. 6203
Areas of specialization and interests
A. Biological energy development
- Cellulose Biotransformation genomics and enzyme analysis
- Microbial entrapped
- Optimization of Bio-alcohol production from fermentation process by using C3, C5 and C6 carbon source
B. Stress biology, specific proteomics analysis
- Environmental hormones extraction and detection to soil and water
- Isolation and identification of environmental microorganism for biodegrading of environmental hormones
- Gene cloning and proteomics analysis for stress environment
C. Soil Contaminants Bioremediation
- Screening, isolation and identification of soil microorganisms
- Bacterial culture enrichment
- Bacterial entrapped and capsulization
- Environmental microorganisms community gene fingerprint analysis by PCR and cloning to DGGE
- Molecular cloning of soil microorganisms
- Microbial genomic analysis
- Processes assimilation and modeling
- Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD), Environmental Engineering in Microbiology and Biodiversity, School of Engineering, BibliographyNational Central University, Chungli, Taiwan
- Master of Biosystems Engineering, School of Engineering, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Hawaii, USA
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Extension, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
- Gene cloning and enzymes purification. National central university, Dept. of Life science, Chungli, Taiwan, 2001
- Microbial gene extraction and fingerprint analysis for bio-energy development. National Taiwan University, Dept. of Biomechatronics engineering, Taipei, Taiwan, 2003
- The yield and culture technologies for special and novel developed mushrooms. Food industry research and development institute, Hsinzhu, Taiwan, 2006
- Associate professor, Meiho Institute of Technology, Dept. of Biological Science and Technology, Part-time in National PingTung University of Technology, Dept. Bio-mechatronic Engineering, 2006-2007
- Lecturer, Lan-Yang Institute of Technology, Dept. of Environmental, Safety, and health Engineering, 1996-2006
- Teaching assistant, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Dept. of Biosystems Engineering, 1994-1996
- Teaching assistant, National I-Lan institute of Technology, 1991-1994
- Ecological Narrator, Tai Lu Ge National Park, 1989/7~1989/9; 1990/7~1990/9
A. International journal paper
- Meng Shiou Lee, Guan-Hua Lai, Hsi-Jien Chen, Chi-Hung Huang , Meng -Shiunn Lee, Jung Yie Kao, Bang-Jau You, Wen- Hsin Lin, Yi-Yang Lien, Ming- Kuem Lin, 2011, High Yield Expression in a Recombinant E. coli of a Codon Optimized Chicken Anemia Virus Capsid Protein VP1 useful for Vaccine Development. Microbial cell factories, revised
- Ying-Chen Chiang, Wen-Te Chang, Mann-Duan Chen, Guan-Hua Lai, Hsi-Jien Chen, Jung Chao, Ming-Kuem Lin, Yuan-Shiun Chang, Yu-Mei Chou, Meng-Shiunn Lee and Meng- Shiou Lee, 2011, Rapid identification of the medicinal plant Taraxacum formosanum and distinguishing of this plant from its adulterants by ribosomal DNA internal transcribed spacer (ITS) based DNA barcode. African Journal of Biotechnology Vol. 10(24), pp. 4838-4843.
- Chihhao Fan, Hui-Yu Hu, Yiong-Shin Hsue, Men-Yen Lee, and Hsi-Jien Chen, 2011, Performance Evaluation and Phylogenic Analysis of a Full-Scale Subsurface Cobble-bed Biofilm System. Ecological Engineering. 37 (2011) 807–815. (Corresponding author) (SCI)
- Meng-Shiou Lee, Yu-Mei Chou, Yi-Yang Lien, Ming-Kuem Lin, Wen-Te Chang , Hong-Zin Lee, Meng-Shiunn Lee, Guan-Hua Lai, Hsi-Jien Chen, Chi-Hung Huang, Wen-Hsin Lin, 2011, Production and diagnostic application of a purified, 1 E. coli-expressed, serological specific chicken anemia virus antigen VP3. Transboundary and Emerging Diseases, In press. (SCI)
- Meng-Shiou Lee, Yi-Chiu Lin, Guan-Hua Lai, Su-Yaun Lai, Hsi-Jien Chen, Min-Ying Wang* 2011, One-step reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification for detection of infectious bursal disease virus. Canadian Journal of Veterinary Research. (In press). (Impact factor：1.227, ranking: 42/134)
- Hsi-Jien Chen, Chihhao Fan, Meng-Shiou Lee, Hsin-Cheng Gong, Jen-Mao Fanchiang, Dyi-Hwa Tseng, 2010, Screening of Dioxin Biotransformation Bacteria from the Contaminated Soil. IEEE Xplore (EI).
- C. H. Huang, G. H. Lai, M. S. Lee, W. H. Lin, Y. Y. Lien, S.C. Hsueh, J.Y. Kao, W.T. Chang, T.C. Lu, W.N. Lin, H. J. Chen* and M.S. Lee*, 2010. Development and evaluation of a loop-mediated isothermal amplification assay for rapid detection of chicken anaemia virus. Journal of Applied Microbiology. V108(3), p917-924. Corresponding Author. (SCI).
- Wen-Neng Lin, Hsiu-Ying Lu, Meng-Shiou Lee, Shih-Ying Yang, Hsi-Jien Chen, Yuan-Shiun Chang and Wen-Te Chang, 2010. Evaluation of the Cultivation Age of Dried Ginseng Radix and its Commercial Products by Using 1H-NMR Fingerprint Analysis. The American Journal of Chinese Medicine, V 38, N1, 1–14 (SCI).
- Lee, M. S, Lien, Y. Y., Feng, S. H., Huang, R. L., Tsai, M. C., Chang, W. T., and Chen, H. J.*, 2009, Production of chicken anemia virus (CAV) VP1 and VP2 protein expressed by recombinant Escherichia coli. Process Biochemistry, V44, 390-395, Corresponding Author. (SCI).
- Fanchiang, J. M., Tseng, D. H.*, Guo, G. L. and Chen, H. J., 2009, Ozonation of complex industrial park wastewater: effects on the change of wastewater characteristics. Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology, V84, 1007-1014. (SCI).
- Lin, K. L * , Huang, W. J., Chow, J. D., Chen, K.C., Chen, H. J., 2009, Behavior of heavy metals immobilized by co-melting treatment of sewage sludge ash and municipal solid waste incinerator fly ash. Waste Management Research, V27, 660–667 (SCI).
- Tsai, C. Y., Chen, H. J., Hsieh, J. F., Sheng, C. T., 2007, Fabrication of a near infrared online inspection system for pear fruit. International Agricultural Engineering Journal, V16(1-2), 57-70. (EI).
- Chang, Y. J., Chang, Y. T., and Chen H. J., 2007, A method for controlling hydrogen sulfide in groundwater by adding solid phase oxygen. Bioresource Technology, V98, 478-483. (SCI).
- Chen, H. J., Guo, G. L., Tseng, D. H., Chen-Li Cheng, and Huang, S. L., 2006, Growth factors, Kinetics and biodegradation mechanism associated with Pseudomonas nitroreducens TX1 grown on Octylphenol polyethoxylates. Journal of Environmental Management, V80, 279-286. (SCI)
- Chen, H. J., Tseng, D. H. and Huang, S. L., 2005, Biodegradation of octylphenol polyethoxylate surfactant Triton X-100 by selected microorganisms. Bioresource Technology, V96, 1483-1491. (SCI)
- Chen, H. J., Huang, S. L. and Tseng, D. H., 2004, Aerobic Biotransformation of Octylphenol Polyethoxylate Surfactant in Soil Microcosms. Environmental Technology, V25, 201-210. (SCI)
- Yang, P. Y., Chen, H. J. and Kim, S. J., 2003, Integrating entrapped mixed microbial cell (EMMC) process for biological removal of carbon and nitrogen from dilute swine wastewater. Bioresource Technology V86, 245-252. (SCI)
- Chen, H. J., Liao, C. M. and Yang, P. Y., 1999, Development of A Prefabricated Treatment Plant for Dilute Pig Wastewater. Journal of Environmental Science and Health, B. V4, 25-37. (SCI)
- Yang, P. Y., Ma, T. and Chen, H. J., 1997, The PEMMC Process for Land-Limited Small Wastewater Treatment Plants. Bioresource Technology, V60, 35-42. (SCI)
B. International conference paper
- Chiang, Y. C., Chen, M. D., Lai, G. H., Chen H. J., Lee, M.S., 2010, Rapid Identification of the Medical plant Taraxacum monoolicum from its adulterants by ribosomal DNA Internal Transcribed Spacer (ITS)-primerd Polymerase Chain Reaction. HongKong Baptist University, HongKong.
- Tseng, D. H., Chen H. J., Fanchiang, J. M., and Yen, L. A., 2009, The Chracteristics and reuse prospect of water treatment plant sludge. The 3rd IWA-ASPIRE conference & exhibition, Oct. 18-22, Taipei, Taiwan
- Meng-Shiou Lee, Yi-Yang Lien, Shin-Huei Feng, Wen-Te Chang, Ray-Ling Huang, Hsi-Jien Chen, 2008, Expression and characterization of chicken anemia virus VP2 protein fused with green fluorescent protein in insect cells. The 14th Symposium of Young Asian Biochemical Engineers’Community (YABEC). Shibaura Institute of Technology, Toyosu Campus (Tokyo), Japan. Nov. 19- Dec. 1, 2008.
- Meng-Shiou Lee, Shin-Huei Feng, Yi-Yang Lien, Hsi-Jien Chen, Ray-Ling Huang, 2008, Expression and optimal production of N-terminus deletion mutants of VP1 and VP2 of chicken anemia virus (CAV) in Escherichia coli. 236th ACS National Meeting. Philadelphia, PA, August 17-21, 2008.
- Chao-Yin Tsai, Chung-Teh Sheng, Suming Chen, Hsi-Jien Chen, Yi-Chich Chiu, Joe-Air Jiang, Kuang-Wen Hsieh, Chen-Hsiung Hung, 2008, Development of a Continuous Online Detecting System for Fruits Using Near Infrared Technology, Proceedings of the 4th International Symposium on Machinery and Mechatronics for Agriculture and Biosystems Engineering (ISMAB) 27-29 May 2008, Taichung, Taiwan.
- Meng-Shiou Lee, Ray-Ling Huang, Hsi-Jien Chen, 2008, Process Investigation for Extraction of Bioactive Compounds in Hypericum perforatum (St. John’s Wort), GA Symposium, April 24-25, 2008, Leiden, The Netherlands* “Plants systems biology and medicinal plants”.(Corresponding author).
- Chen, Hsi-Jien, Cyuan-Fu Chen, Wei-Siang Lin, Po-Min Li, Chao-Yin Tsai, Chan-Chiung Liu, Ching-Chen Hsieh, 2006, Investigation of Organic Waste Composting Processes in A novel Air-Extracting System. 3rd International Symposium on Machinery and Mechatronics for Agricultural and Biosystem Engineering. Seoul, KOREA.
- Yang, P. Y., Chen, H. J., Liao, C. M., 1997, Development of a Pre-fabricated Treatment Plant for Dilute Pig Wastewater. Asian Waterqual ’97 , 6th IAWQ Asia-Pacific Regional Conference, (5/19-5/23), Seoul, KOREA.
- Chen, H. J., Yang, P. Y., 1996, Entrapped Mixed Microbial Cells Process (EMMC) for Dilute Swine Wastewater Treatment for Strictly Land limited Application. CTAHR Student Research Symposium. (4/19-4/20), University of Hawaii at Manoa. Hawaii, USA.